Reply To: Reflect and discuss: Risk factors and situational triggers in Mercy’s story

Homepage Forums Prevention Essentials Refresher Discussion Board Session 4: Causes Reflect and discuss: Risk factors and situational triggers in Mercy’s story Reply To: Reflect and discuss: Risk factors and situational triggers in Mercy’s story

Winsome Nenewa
Participant

In my community, Mercy’s life will be different.
    I will use education as an example.
    In my community, education opportunity is given to every child. However when it comes to selecting a child because of the low income. The children are selected depending on who can do well in the education system to further their studies whilst the other children help to bring income or do household chores. If the child girl is not capable of finishing her studies, the parents are happy because parents know that when they grow old, their daughters will take care of them while their son focuses more on taking care of his wife and her family.
    We are witnessing that those children (either boy or girl) don’t complete their education and always marry at an early age. They don’t understand parenthood and can’t take the responsibilities of being a parent or have the financial strength to look after themselves. That is when they face violence. Jealousy or cheating (adultery) with multiple partners is one of the triggers of violence. Educated men with a lot of income have a lot of wives.