Home › Forums › Prevention Essentials Refresher Discussion Board › Session 3: Prevention › Reflect and discuss: Why prevention in Mercy’s story › Reply To: Reflect and discuss: Why prevention in Mercy’s story
1. Violence prevention is important for Mercy’s community because it is good for all the community to look for solutions and get responses together to stop violence solutions and modifying physical and social environment; get positive health outcomes; and help community to commit themselves in preventing violence.
2. Activities that can prevent violence against women in her community:
– Engage Men in prevention of violence against Women.
– Promote positive health programs.
– Include school based approaches.
– Organizing meeting with community; share ideas with them and teach them about gender equality.
example of an activity that prevent violence:
Teaching your children about gender equality since they are still young.