Reflect and discuss: Risk factors and situational triggers in Mercy’s story

Homepage Forums Prevention Essentials Refresher Discussion Board Session 4: Causes Reflect and discuss: Risk factors and situational triggers in Mercy’s story

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 37 total)
  • Author

The most salient risk factors, protective factors, and situational triggers for intimate partner violence may vary in different settings, and there may be additional factors and triggers in certain settings. How do you think the factors and triggers would differ if Mercy lived in your community?

In this point, the situation triggers are: Taking drunk, speaking about money. when Mercy need to any thing about that it became trigger.

Angeline Ndabaningi
    Participant

Although the risk factors are almost the same, girl child education is now the talk of every organization and community structure such that it is difficult to see a girl child not going to school. This means that support factors are now strong including community support groups, school support structures, and increased awareness from the many NGOs working to promote gender equality. The triggers could be the same including harsh economic conditions escalated by COVID-19, lack of employment among youth. However, these are offset by the increased awareness on GBV

Atusaye Nyondo
      Participant

The factors and triggers seems to apply in my community, however, variations could only come in when it comes to intersectionality of cultural and religious socialization that influences the way women experience power and control and how they apply the equality principle. Religious and cultural misperceptions about human relationships intensify unequal relationships in my community as these are key to the formation of women’s and men’s identities and roles.

Langi Malamba
        Participant

I don’t believe there would have been much of a huge difference if she lived in my community because we have lots of men who behave like Clinton, and women who subscribe to the same norms about violence and love and the gender roles. In my community, people frown upon a husband who has lost a job and becomes a house husband managing the home and children. There are snide remarks about abuse or such a man being labelled lazy.. or he ends up trying to live a lie to pretend like he is still the bread winner. Mental health challenges are rife which contributes to miscommunication in the home and the cycle of abuse starts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 37 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.