Welcome and introductions

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 248 total)
  • Author
    Lyndsay McLean
    Participant

Hi everyone. My name is Lyndsay McLean and I am co-founder of and a Senior Associate with the Prevention Collaborative based in Brighton, UK. I have been working on VAW prevention research, programme design and strategies for over a decade and has been been involved in preparing these courses. I am really looking forward to meeting you and interacting in course 2 and I would love to know what you think of our courses and how we can improve them further.

Gikuu Grace Ireri
      Participant

Greetings and so happy to be connected to you all in this learning and reflective community over the next few weeks. My name is Grace Ireri, a member of ActionAid International Humanitarian and Resilience team, supporting our federation wide work to have accountable and meaningful partnerships have women leaders, young people and NGO partners working in the frontlines in humanitarian preparedness, response, resilience, advocacy and protection from GBV for women and girls in emergencies. I am based in Nairobi, Kenya and connected to colleagues and partners from SubSahara Africa, Middle East Region and South Asia.

Rumana Parvin
        Participant

Hi everyone, I am Rumana Parvin, Working as a Project Technical Officer- Gender for the government projects of UNFPA Bangladesh. Last 20 years I am working in the development arena. In my current organization, I am working last 7 years on the issue of GBV and GBViE prevention and protection issue. I am really happy and grateful that I got the opportunity. Looking forward to learning from the course to serve in a better way for the women and girls of Bangladesh.

Marlyn AlAbdullah
          Participant

Hi, this is Marlyn, a Syrian refugee in Turkey, currently working with CARE International as GBV Coordinator, integration GBV and SRH program implemented inside Syria. I’m so happy to join this group and share knowledge and experience.. looking forward to meeting you soon..

Dominique Maidment
            Participant

Hi Everyone, it’s great to see you all here! I’m Dominique, Senior Associate with Prevention Collaborative, and I’ll be facilitating the How to Succeed course along with Collaborative colleagues. I’m originally from the UK and now based in Thailand. I’ve been working in development and humanitarian contexts in Asia and the Pacific for the past 20 years, and focusing on VAW and prevention of VAW for the last decade.

If you have any questions or technical difficulties as you prepare for the course start on Wednesday 26th May, please go ahead and email me at [email protected] , and feel free to join us for the optional Q&A on Monday (register here )

I’m really looking forward to sharing this very first live course from the Collaborative, and to learning from you all!

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 248 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.