Prevention Essentials Refresher: The Latest on What, Why & How (Self-Paced)
Get a refresher on the latest thinking on core concepts in preventing violence against women and how to use them.
What Will I Learn?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify common types, consequences, and patterns of violence against women (VAW), focusing on intimate partner violence
- Distinguish between VAW prevention and response interventions
- Describe how to apply VAW prevention principles
- Explain the links between gender inequality and VAW
- Identify risk factors, protective factors, and situational triggers of intimate partner violence using the socio-ecological model
- Identify how prevention strategies can address specific risk factors, protective factors, and/or situational triggers at different level
Who is this course for?
This course can be taken by:
- Violence prevention practitioners
- Feminist activists
- Women human rights defenders
- Anyone else interested in VAW prevention and causes
What are the requirements to join?
The requirements include that you:
- Show interest in violence prevention
- Have a functional laptop/mobile phone and access to stable internet
- Are proficient in English
- Can complete all the sessions and quizzes, as well as engage in the discussion forum
What is the learning schedule?
This is a self-paced course that can be completed within four to six hours over five weeks.
What is the course outline?
The course has six sessions:
- Violence against Women
- Prevention Strategies