Prevention Essentials Refresher: the latest on what, why, & how (self-paced)
Get a refresher on the latest thinking on core concepts in violence against women prevention and how to use them.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify common types, consequences, and patterns of VAW, with a focus on intimate partner violence (IPV).
- Distinguish between VAW prevention and response interventions.
- Describe how to apply VAW prevention principles.
- Explain the links between gender inequality and VAW.
- Identify risk factors, protective factors, and situational triggers of IPV using the socio-ecological model.
- Identify how prevention strategies can address specific risk factors, protective factors, and/or situational triggers at different levels.
The course has six sessions:
- Violence against women
- Prevention strategies
This course was developed by the Prevention Collaborative. The Prevention Collaborative strengthens the capacity of key actors to design, deliver, and advocate for cutting-edge prevention programmes, informed by research-based evidence, practice-based learning, and feminist principles.