Reflect and discuss: Prevention strategies

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Angeline Ndabaningi
    Participant

To address economic challenges and lack of employment and access to income by women, women’s economic empowerment strategies would be feasible in my area, including VSLAs and capacity building of couples on living a violent free life.

also to deal with the strong gender norms that perpetuate gender inequalities, engaging men and boys and traditional leaders including religious leaders and build their capacity to support ender equality goals

I am Jean Baptiste, I am working in a program that engage men in maternal, newborn and child health promotion and GBV prevention. According to the program design and implementation, strategies we are using include the following and are listed according to their importance: 1. Couples program, 2. Positive parenting, 3. Addressing harmful alcohol use, 4. Community mobilization, 5. Policy and structural change

The strategy include
      Couple program
      Community awareness
      Collectively parenting
      Consciousness in handling issues of alcohol and other substances

Atusaye Nyondo
      Participant

Interventions on VAWG prevention (as opposed to response) with more attention given to changing social norms and behaviours, reducing exposure to childhood abuse, tackling power imbalances (i.e. using power as the entry point rather than gender, interrogating both its positive and negative uses), increasing women’s economic empowerment, working with men and boys and with researchers. The activities should engage men and boys on harmful masculinities, including use of violence.

Joan Lanyero
        Participant

Community sensitization or awareness sessions, women only spaces, training of Community Activists who engage community men and women in reflection sessions, VSLA & IGA groups, grassroot to national and regional advocacy on laws and policies like engagement of local government officials to carry out their mandate, Parliamentarians, working with other GBV networks and clusters at all levels, media use – radio, couple engagement and livelihood programmes.

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 45 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.