Reflect and discuss: Prevention strategies

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Sharon
    Participant

social and economic empowerment.
      enforce laws on substance abuse and rehabilitation
      couples program
      use of media to raise awareness.

Myint Myint Win
      Participant

Economic empowerment of women, capacity building on communication skills and relationships, including non-violent communication and involvement of men in prevention GBV are some strategies in my community.

Catherine Menganyi
        Participant

With my community Parenting programs would be very critical – this will help in breaking the cycle of violence and having a good relationship between parents and their children.As I visit schools for school health programs key issues raised include lack of unity between parents and parents fighting as the children watch and it greatly affects them.
          Addressing harmful alcohol use-Recently in my village 12 people died due to use of local harmful brewed alcohol and this will greatly affect the families but before that it has been a source of violence in my many families
          Economic empowerment programs -women are still considered minor in the community with no voice.With cash transfer programs that strengthen them economically this will Assis to reduce violence
          Community mobilization-to bring out community own interventions of ending VAW and IPV inclusive.The community should be educated on the dangers and effect of violence
          Media and establishment education-With availability of local radio stations this is an opportunity to use the local dilent to discuss on the topic.

Mercy James
          Participant

Hello Team
            Economic hardship is one major driver of so many cases of violence in my community. Poverty leads men to consume locally available alcohol the entire day. This is turn results to lots of fights and violence in families, children dropping out from school as a result of broken families e.t.c. I feel the following prevention strategies may be of help:

Economic Empowerment: Promote economic opportunities and income-generating activities for women. Economic empowerment can help reduce financial dependency, a risk factor for violence, and improve women’s overall well-being.

Safe Spaces for Women: Establish safe spaces for women where they can access information, counseling, and support. These spaces can also serve as venues for skills training and income-generation activities

Counseling and Mental Health Services: Provide accessible and culturally sensitive counseling and mental health services for survivors of violence to help them cope with trauma and rebuild their lives
            MJ

DingulwaziMasuku
            Participant

In my organisation context, the couples dialogue meeting might prove a good way of reducing violence especially if they may involve the couple and a teenage girl. The girl representing all the children in the family. This will improve communication and at the same time capacitating the participants with other skills such as problem solving.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 45 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.