Reflect and discuss: Prevention, mitigation, or response

Homepage Forums Prevention Essentials Refresher Discussion Board Session 3: Prevention Reflect and discuss: Prevention, mitigation, or response

Viewing 5 posts - 36 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    ASIBUKUJAFARI
    Participant

i do concur with the feedbacks

MADINA YUNIS MAHAT
      Participant

I would place it the prevention activity of the implementation of educational programs that challenge gender norms and promote healthy relationships as a universal prevention. This is because the prevention activity stated above focuses on reaching an entire population to prevent the occurrence of violence against women. By addressing the entire community through educational programs, the goal is to promote a cultural shift in attitudes toward violence and relationships.

Tjarirove Tjirimuje
        Participant

Universal prevention because one way or another all communities face it

Winsome Nenewa
          Participant

I have identified the “Couple Programme” as the prevention activity. I think it will be a universal prevention because it can be open to couples in the community who are at high risk of violence, under stress, experienced violence, or not. As IPV is the most common violence women face. This will help reduce or stop violence from escalating in the family and community. Children learn from their parents so they will have a safe upbringing.

Tumisang Kesekang
            Participant

With many kinds of violence involved around the world, (e.g sexual, physical, economical and physiological) Universal Prevention is the best activity in the prevention continuum to help minimise violence as it involves the whole of community or rather the intire population whether you have experienced violence or not. Everyone (men and women) gets to learn the effects of violence, how it can affect a person as well as ways to avoid it.

Viewing 5 posts - 36 through 40 (of 50 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.