Welcome and introductions

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 265 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone,
    My name is Suna Laxmi Karmachary. I am from Nepal. I work in Ministry of Health and population as a senior community nursing officer. i am very glad to participate as a community member in this Preventive collaborative programme and looking forward to learn more about prevention strategies on VAW.

Lucky Kobugabe
    Participant

Hello everyone!
      My name is Lucky Kobugabe, i support the GBV Prevention Network which is hosted by Raising Voices in Uganda. I am excited to be here, to learn, re0learn and unlearn from and with you all. See you soon. 🙂

Hello, am Ephrem Mudenge from Rwanda. I am currently working for Women for Women-Rwanda as Men engage program Coordinator. I am eager to be part of this course where I will learn more about VAW/C, exchange strategies to tackle VAW in our societies
      Looking forward to meet you sooner

Laura
      Participant

Hi All, I’m so glad to be part of this training!

My name is Laura Somoggi, I’m a Brazilian based in London (for almost 16 years!) and I have a few different hats: I lead a programme focused on prevention of violence against women and girls at The Womanity Foundation. We don’t implement the programme, but we support pairs of organisations in the Global South to work together and adapt programmes across different countries – you can see more here: Womanity.org.

I also sit in the board of two other organisations working on prevention and response to violence: Latin American Women’s Right Services, based in London (lawrs.org.uk) and Hollaback!, a movement that aims to end harassment in all its forms and have a very intersectional approach (ihollaback.org).

I’m new to the field of VAWG and I’ve been learning a lot by doing since I joined Womanity in 2017 so I’m really excited to take the time and dive deeper in the subject to be able to improve the work I do and to learn how to better support grassroots organisations who are really tackling the issues on the ground.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Warmly,

Laura

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Laura.
        • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Laura.
        Jaya Luintel
        Participant

Hi everyone, this is Jaya Luintel from Nepal. I am co-founder of The Story Kitchen which works with women, marginalized, and minority groups and supports them to amplify their voice through storytelling. I am very glad to be part of this community and look forward to meeting with you all and learning from each other.

With Regards
          Jaya

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 265 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.